Decision to describe Open Source Advisory Panel as "established"
In May 2011 we made an FOI request about about the Open Source Advisory Panel (OSAP) - see also Evidence supplied to PASC by Minister for the Cabinet Office. Eventually we were advised:
- Cabinet Office is in the process of redefining [the structure] so
that OSAP becomes an online forum
- The Terms of Reference for the OSAP are in the process of being
drafted and will be available on the Open Forum Europe (OFE)
website [...] are exempt from disclosure under section 22(1) of the
- No OSAP work plan has been agreed for next year
- No meetings of OSAP have taken place
- No advice has been provided to Government via OSAP
- OSAP has not formally met
Today, looking at the OFE website it is difficult to understand how the
government ICT-SIP can describe the OSAP as being already "established" so we've asked for clarification.
As ever, your improvements and annotations are welcome
2 November 2011
Follow OSC on Twitter @OpnSrcCons
Why not become a member?