The Open Source Consortium (OSC) is the trade body representing the Open Source business community in the UK. The Aims and Objectives of the OSC are:-
- To promote wider adoption of Free/Libre Open Source Software (“FLOSS”) and open unencumbered standards (“Openness”) in all sections of UK society
- To identify barriers to the adoption of FLOSS and Openness working to remove them though awareness raising
- To increase member revenue by creating opportunities for members to tender for and participate in commercial contracts.
- To represent the interests of members in the media and through lobbying.
- To achieve such other objectives as the membership decides.
- To work with other national and international organisations with compatible aims and objectives
We provide a free co-ordinating service for anyone seeking solutions based on Free and Open Source Software.